Friday, April 13, 2012

My Favorite Blog Post Ever...

Was written in 2008 by Kilian Betlach, who taught middle school in the same school district I did on the east side of San Jose, CA. Kilian was a year ahead of me in TFA and I admired his teaching and writing from a distance, knowing of him more than really knowing him. He is a both a great writer and a rock-star teacher and this is the best thing he ever wrote.

It's about what being a teacher is really like, namely: bone-crushing exhaustion, challenges both immense and infuriatingly small, and the intense pressure to know you can and must do better tomorrow.

Take 5 minutes and read it here. And then get sucked into reading his archives for the next 3 hours.

1 comment:

  1. Inspiring writer...I already have one of his pieces saved for inspiration. I read it every year in August.

    ReplyDelete